School History

Our History

Straight Line


1909Le Grand High School has a tradition of excellence and innovation earning U.S. News and World Reports’ Best High Schools Silver Medal two years in a row largely by implementing new programs and AP courses, adding state-of-the-art technology, and establishing a campus environment and culture that is conducive to college and career readiness. Other ingredients for our success have been using forward-thinking in our transition to the Common Core State Standards, having a sagacious and dedicated staff and administration as well as having tremendous support from our community, which is the foundation of Le Grand High School’s accomplishments.


Located in the town of Le Grand in the heart of California’s San Joaquin Valley, the high school first opened its doors in 1909 and originated as a single building educational institution having only one student in its first graduating class in 1913.  Le Grand High School currently, serves as the only high school for the tri-cities of Le Grand, Planada, and Plainsburg. Le Grand High School has 20 permanent classrooms, 7 portables, a gymnasium, a cafeteria, a wood shop, and a welding/metal shop. Le Grand High currently serves the needs of 466 students.


Le Grand High School has a long tradition of serving the educational needs of the young men and women of our community. Most of the students come from families that have long ties to the community and feel a bond with the high school. Many of the students, parents, and even grandparents residing in the community are graduates of Le Grand High School. Several members of the faculty are proud Le Grand High alumni.