Dear Students, Staff, and Parents:
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! Our commitment at Le Grand High School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers, and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
As the proud Principal of Le Grand High School, I am delighted that the school's values align with my values, including the importance of trust, respect, innovation, and a sense of community. Our students' contribution to our school community makes Le Grand High School an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment are the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable year. I am excited about the future we are building alongside our students, parents, and community focusing on the quality of school culture.
High standards and expectations for each student regarding academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundations of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of Le Grand High School students.
The curriculum will continue to be regularly reviewed to ensure that it remains appropriate to the needs of our learners. In addition, the well-established 1:1 technology will continue to evolve, allowing learners and teachers to exploit the best of modern learning opportunities fully.
Below you will find our beliefs regarding teaching and learning.
We at Le Grand High School believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, critical thinking, and application of classroom learning to real-life situations
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth to increase the quality of instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first-century skills.
We at Le Grand High School believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner
I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me, and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at [email protected].
Dr. Javier Martinez
(209) 389-9400 ex. 1013